- Stabilisers: maltodextrin (natural source), microcrystalline cellulose
- Live cultures: Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, anti-caking agent: vegetable magnesium stearate
Each capsule guarantees 2.3 billion good bacteria.
Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and those on a gluten-free or yeast-free diet.
Following the taxonomic updates issued by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, which look more closely at the Lactobacillus genus, a reclassification has been advised for both the L. rhamnosus and L. reuteri species. The active ingredients for ‘For women’ may therefore also now be referred to as Limosilactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lacticaseibacillus rhamnosus GR-1®.
Who is it for?
Highly researched good bacteria supplement especially for women.
Instructions for use
- Take 1 or 2 capsules daily as desired or as professionally directed.
- For ongoing use 1 capsule a day may suffice.
- Take with food, preferably with breakfast.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the contents of the capsule can be mixed with a cold meal or cold beverage.
- Take daily for best results.
- ‘For women’ can safely be taken alongside other supplements in the OptiBac range.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use. OptiBac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘For women’ does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
Good to know:
- Each capsule provides 2.3 billion live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Contains 2 different friendly bacteria strains from the Lactobacillus genus which have been extensively researched and clinically trialled in over 2,500 women around the world.
- Proven to survive to reach the vaginal flora.
- Highly rated and trusted by women in various stages of life.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Recommended for daily use.
- Suitable and safe to take during pregnancy, breastfeeding and menopause.
- With over 30 years of research, ‘For women’ is a trusted friendly bacteria supplement especially for the female intimate flora.
- Alongside taking this product, please also consider lifestyle factors such as diet i.e. reducing your intake of sugar which can feed harmful bacteria and yeasts, increasing your water intake and avoiding wipes, douches and soaps in the intimate area which can upset the natural vaginal pH.
- Available in three pack sizes of 14, 30 or 90 capsules.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
Making a difference
For every pack purchased of OptiBac ‘For women’, a donation will be made to the international women’s rights charity, Womankind Worldwide.
Making a difference – we would like to thank everyone who recommends, stocks and takes this supplement. Over the last 5 years you have helped us raise £250,000 for the international women’s rights charity Womankind Worldwide who partner with women’s rights organisations and movements in Africa and Asia to transform the lives of women around the world.
And we’re just getting started. A donation (20p per 14 capsules, 30p per 30 capsules, and £1 per 90 capsules) is made to Womankind Worldwide every time you buy ‘For women’. Thank you for helping us help women today and every day! Read more about the OptiBac and Womankind Worldwide partnership.
Please note: Titanium dioxide was removed from this product in November 2019. As a result of removing this ingredient, you can now see the product within the vegetarian capsule which is subject to natural variations in colour, from off white to pale yellow. The overall stability and viability of the product has not been affected in any way and we hope you like the more natural looking capsule.