Strains & active ingredients
- Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®
- Fructooligosaccharides (FOS)
- Standardised culture: Bifidobacterium lactis BB-12®; Fructose
- Anti-caking agent: silicon dioxide
Each sachet guarantees 5 billion micro-organisms + 4g FOS fibres.
Suitable for vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diets.
Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for adults and children (from 1 year onwards) with the following recommendations:
- Initial use: Take 1 sachet (and up to 4 sachets if required) daily with food.
- Ongoing use: 1 sachet will often suffice but more can be taken as desired or as professionally directed.
- It is strongly recommended to drink plenty of water with this supplement.
- Shake the sachet, then slowly sprinkle contents into a glass of water and vigorously swirl to dissolve fully.
- Do not use a spoon to stir as this may cause the sachet contents to clump.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘Bifidobacteria & fibre’ does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
Who is it for?
For anyone looking for a live cultures supplement with FOS for natural fibre.
Good to know:
- Each sachet provides 5 billion good bacteria + 4g of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS) fibres. The billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry.
- The strain contained in this supplement is very well researched and is thought to be the world’s most researched strain of Bifidobacteria.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy, breastfeeding mothers, the elderly, vegetarians, vegans and gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance.
- Suitable from 1 year onwards.
- Recommended for daily use or as needed.
- Free from artificial flavourings or colourings that may be found in other food & drinks containing live cultures.
- Available in two pack sizes of 10 or 30 sachets.
FOS may initially result in flatulence and / or bloating in some people. These side effects are temporary and should stop as the body adjusts. If side effects continue for 3-4 days, consider reducing the dosage.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.