Devil’s claw is the common name of the plant Harpagophytum procumbens. The herb is only found in the wild – and only in the Kalahari desert of Southern Africa and even now, it is a difficult plant to cultivate. The root of Devil’s claw is used in herbal remedies for the treatment of muscle and joint pains, backache and rheumatism.
What is Atrosan® Devil’s Claw?
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw is a licensed herbal rheumatism product made from extracts of Devil’s Claw herb cultivated in the Kalahari without the use of artificial fertilisers, insecticides or fungicides. It can be used for joint pain and to reduce symptoms of back pain or other rheumatism pains in the shoulders and elbows, or for knee and other joint pains. Always read the leaflet
Dosage of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets may be used as a rheumatism product for the relief of joint & muscular pain in adults (over 18 years of age) and the elderly.
- Use one tablet twice daily immediately after food. The dose can be increased to two tablets twice daily if relief is not obtained after 3 to 5 days.
Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets contain the extract of Harpagophytum procumbensroot, also known as Devil’s Claw.
- One film-coated tablet contains 480 mg of extract (as dry extract) from Devil’s Claw root (Harpagophytum procumbens D.C. and/or H. zeyheri L. Decne.) (1.5-3.0:1). Extraction solvent: Ethanol 60% V/V.
- Other ingredients found in Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are lactose, maize starch, microcrystalline cellulose, precipitated silica, colloidal silica and magnesium stearate (vegetable source). The tablet coating contains talc, titanium dioxide, macrogol and hypromellose.
We do not use genetically modified ingredients.
Who can’t use Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets
- Do not use if you have a hypersensitivity to Devil’s Claw or any of the other ingredients
- Do not use if you have a gastric or duodenal ulcer
- If you have heart problems, consult your doctor before using Devil’s Claw products such as Atrosan
- Consult your doctor if joint pain is accompanied by swelling, redness or a fever
Like all Devil’s Claw products, Atrosan® may cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects of Atrosan® Devil’s Claw tablets are likely to be minor and take the form of digestive symptoms (feeling sick, stomach discomfort and digestive upsets such as sickness or diarrhoea, skin rash, itching, headache and dizziness).