Who is it for?
Live cultures supplement with Omega 3 for anyone seeking to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels.
Good to know:
- Good bacteria and Omega 3 to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels.
- This supplement requires the two different capsules to be taken together.
- The hard capsule contains 1.2 billion AB-Life® live cultures and the billions count is guaranteed until end of expiry. The live cultures (AB-Life® Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528 and Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529) have undergone a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial which was published in the British Journal of Nutrition in May 2013.
- The soft capsule contains 300mg of ALA (Omega 3).
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) has undergone numerous clinical trials demonstrating its efficacy at helping to maintain normal cholesterol levels, and the ability of this particular Omega 3 (ALA) to support health has been validated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
- The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of ALA as part of a balanced diet.
- Our high-quality ALA is sourced from cold pressed virgin flax seed oil.
- Scientifically proven to pass through stomach acidity and survive to reach the gut.
- Easy to take on the go – no refrigeration required.
- Suitable for: women during pregnancy and for those on a soy-free, dairy-free, yeast-free or gluten-free (for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance) diet.
- Safe to take alongside statins or cholesterol-lowering medication and has no risk of undesirable side effects.
- Recommended for daily use.
- For best results take this product for a minimum of three months.
- Can safely be taken on an ongoing basis with no risk of undesirable side effects.
- Available in one pack size of 30 hard capsules + 30 soft capsules.
Please note: This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions.
Instructions for use
Natural food supplement suitable for adults with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 hard capsule and 1 soft capsule every day.
- Take with food, preferably with breakfast.
- Drink plenty of water with your course of live cultures.
- For best results, take daily for at least three months.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
Safe to take alongside statins or cholesterol lowering medication.
The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of alpha-linolenic acid as part of a balanced diet.
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those with serious medical conditions should consult their doctor before use.
OptiBac will not cause dependency, and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the OptiBac range, ‘For your cholesterol’ does not require refrigeration. Store out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor’s care.
Full ingredients per hard capsule:
- Stabiliser: maltodextrin (natural source)
- AB-LIFE® Live cultures: Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529
- Vegetarian capsule: hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide
- Anti-caking agent: silicon dioxide
Full ingredients per soft capsule:
- Omega 3: Cold pressed virgin flaxseed oil (minimum 300mg of Alpha-linolenic acid);
- Antioxidants: extra virgin olive oil, Vitamin E (D alpha tocopherol)
- Capsule: bovine gelatine; humectant: glycerine
Typical concentration fatty acid per capsule:
Alpha-linolenic acid (Omega 3) 350 mg
Linoleic acid (Omega 6) 90 mg
Oleic acid (Omega 9) 120 mg
The soft capsules are not suitable for vegetarians.
Each hard capsule guarantees 1.2 billion live cultures.
Following the taxonomic updates issued by a global team of scientists and published in April 2020, which look more closely at the Lactobacillus genus, a reclassification has been advised for the L. plantarum species. The active ingredients for ‘For your cholesterol’ may therefore also now be referred to as Lactiplantibacillus plantarum subp. plantarum CECT 7527, Lactiplantibacillus plantarum subp. plantarum CECT 7528 and Lactiplantibacillus plantarum subp. plantarum CECT 7529.